A Discovery to Remeber: Our trip to Cebu

Last February 2007, Boo and I went for a trip to Cebu. We had it planned since January and we even took 4 days off so we could roam around the city for 3 days and 2 nights. In going to Cebu, you have to buy Ferry Tickets first at any Ticketing outlets. As for us, we went to Divisoria and bought tickets at the Trans Asia Ticketing outlet. We bought back and forth tickets with Tourists accomodation to ensure that we can go back to CDO on time.

Our Scheduled departure date was a Thursday, February 1, which was also our 6th Monthsary. So before we boarded the ship, we dined at the Dynasty Court Hotel and Restaurant to celebrate.

Here's our pictures at the Restaurant:


After having dinner, we packed up and went to the pier to check in and board in the ship. That was my second time in going to Cebu then so the water travel experience was no problem at all for me. Around 7 PM, the ship started to sail and we on the other hand, took our rest to prepare ourselves for a day full of adventure in Cebu the next day.

Here's our pictures inside the ship:


Roaming around the ship in the morning to look for food:


While waiting for the ship to land at the Pier:



Unfortunately, there was a long delay on our arrival at Cebu because there was something wrong with the ship's engine. Our estimated arrival supposedly was around 5am and it was already 8am and still our ship haven't landed yet. With this, the ship has to offerr free breakfasts for everyone to compensate the delay.

The ship finally arrived at Cebu around 10am. Luckily, there was a free shuttle going to SM Cebu and so we took the advantage for the free ride and stopped at the mall. It was very hot then and Cebu was really a very busy place to see in the morning. So from SM Cebu, we went to the Apartelle to check in and put in all our luggage, changed our clothes and get ready for the start of our Cebu trip.

Our trip has begun. Our first stop was at SM Cebu so we could take our lunch at KFC and feed our hungry stomachs. After having a delicious lunch, Boo and I started roamng the entire mall. From one of the stalls, we found a store that makes bag tags for 80 pesos (ID size) and 100 pesos for 3 smaller bag tags. Boo and I decided to give our agents those bag tags as our pasalubong.The mall was not easy to roam because it was too big and had a lot of right turns and left turns in it. The line for the ATM was also very long that it took us around 30 minutes to wait for our turn.

What we did for the rest of the day was just to roam around the mall and before the afternoon ended, we stopped over the famous Starbucks coffee shop and Boo bought me my own Starbucks tumbler. After having coffee at Starbucks, we stopped over the grocery and market near the Apartelle for the things that we need for dinner.

At KFC:


At the famous Starbucks:


It was a great experience going to the market to buy for your dinner and breakfast for the next day. It's like we were both living in an apartment of our own with only the two of us living there. It feels like I am so independent that I can do things on my own. Well, the best experience was because I am with Boo doing all these stuffs and we both had fun doing it.

That night, I cooked pork and chicken adobo like the way I saw my mom cooking it and I also cooked Pork Lauya so we can sip some hot soup. He helped me with my cooking and that was also one of the fun parts. He cooked the rice, washed the dishes while I, cooked for our dinner.

After eating dinner and after washing ourselves, we settled in our beds and slept early to prepare ourselves for another day in Cebu.

The next morning, Saturday, Boo and I went to the famous church in Cebu where you get to see the Magellan's Cross and the Sto. Niño statues. After praying at the Cathedral, we went to buy Pasalubongs for my family. We also bought little Sto. Niño's as pasalubong. We then stopped by at Midtown to buy one of Ate Jan's reviewer for her License Exam.

At the Magellan's Cross:




Cebu's Cathedral:




Riding Cebu's Jeepneys.


After buying the reviewer at Midtown, we went to Ayala Cebu to meet my cousin and childhood playmate, Thata. While waiting for her, Boo and I dined at McDonalds to feed our hungry stomachs. One thing I noticed about the people in Cebu is that they are all Fashionistas and they dress up even if they're just out to meet their friends. It's like they're preparing themselves that someone might discover them to be a model or a new star for showbizness.

Thata and I finally met and chatted for a while to catch up with the old times. She was working at Ayala Cebu on one of the stores there (I forgot the name). She even teases me that I have become fat than I was before. *winks*. We roamed Ayala for the rest of the afternoon with Thata accompanying us. This time, we were able to roam the entire mall because it was not as big compared to SM cebu. We also stopped by on one of Blue Magic stores to buy a present for Boo on valentines.

Thata and me at Ayala Cebu:


Blue Magic:



After roaming the entire mall, I suddenly didn't feel well and so Boo and I decided to go home to take a rest. That night, it was Boo who did the cooking for me. I was really touched. In all fairness, the food was great. Approve!

The next morning, Sunday, the day of our departure. We stayed there for the rest of the morning to rest and prepare for our check out. Around lunch time, Boo and I checked out from the Apartelle and left our things at SM's baggage counter for travellers.

We then met my friend Glynis at SM so we could chat for a while. It has been a long time that we haven't seen each other. She also joined us in roaming the mall again. After she had gone home, I went to look for a guitar as a gift for my sister's birthday.

Glynis and me at SM:


Around 5:30 PM, Boo and I went to the Traveller's Baggage counter, got our things and waited for the free shuttle service going to Cebu's Pier. Boo and I boarded the ship at around 6:30 in the evening. The problem that we had was, the accomodation where we have been reserved was good for 8 people. To our dismay, our beds were separetely reserved and together with us was a family with their annoying kid leaving us both disturbed for the rest of the trip. Good thing, Boo found an empty accomodation without no one reserved there. So we decided to stay there for a peaceful night and for more accomodation convenience.

At the ship, going home:


Waiting for the ship to land, it was early this time.



It feels so sad that our trip had to end. It's like we are now back to the real world from living in Dreamland. Yet, the experience that we had there in Cebu was unforgettable. It taught us about things that we haven't discovered about each other. And it feels good being with someone you really love on a new place and a new environment. It makes the adventure more exciting and more fun. :)

Thus, our Cebu trip was a Discovery to Remember.

Comments

Popular Posts